- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Yield: 12 Biscuits
- 170 grams Whole Wheat Flour (1 1/4 cup)
- 8 grams Baking Powder (1 1/4 tbsp.)
- 4 grams salt (1/2 tbsp.)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 115 grams melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 100 milliliters milk (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup strong cheddar, finely grated
- I love to make these while my SPICY GROUNDHOG’S DAY CHILI WITH BROWN ALE AND WINTER VEGETABLES RECIPE is simmering on the stovetop, which you can find in the link above. You'll have just enough time to whip up a batch and throw them in the oven while the chili is simmering.
- Preheat oven to 190˚C (375˚F). In the microwave or on the stovetop melt the butter with the minced garlic, stir in the milk and set aside.
- In a regular size mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, rosemary and finely grated cheese. Then incorporate the milk, butter and garlic stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- I prefer to use a melon baller to scoop out perfect little balls then I place each ball on a lined baking sheet or my baking steel sprayed with a little non-stick oil. Once on the sheet I give the top of each biscuit a little press with my finger just to squish them down a bit and make them look more biscuit like. These biscuits won't rise or spread much in the oven so the shape they have going in will pretty much be the shape they are coming out.
- Let bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes turning the oven down at about the 15 minute mark to 175˚C (350˚F) to achieve a nice moist but dense biscuit. Serve warm on the side of the Spicy Winter Chili or pretty much anything, cause they're that good!