So as the school year gets closer, we’re rushing around to gather up some recipes that will insure that our daughter gets some nutritious food for the school year, while we are running around like crazy for the next 10 months. The only thing we want to do early in the morning is drown our sleepiness in some strong coffee. Making breakfast and packing her lunchbox 5 minutes before we have to rush out the door always stresses us out. So we are going to try this Toasted Muesli Fruit Jars Recipe we’ve been making over the summer. It’s healthy, our daughter loves it, and we can make it a few days before.
Toasted Muesli Fruit Jars Recipe
- 2 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 Cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 Cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 Cup mixed dried fruit like cranberries, raisins, apple slices
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Yogurt and fresh blueberries and apple slices
- Heat up the oil and honey just enough to blend together, then pour in with the oats and nuts mixing until it’s well blended in. Spread out over a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Toast the muesli in the oven on a medium heat for around 7 minutes, pull out and stir it up then place back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and mix in the dried fruit.
- Place it in a container and when your ready to eat pour on some tasty yogurt and add in the fresh fruit!
This Toasted Muesli Fruit Jars Recipe is a great breakfast or even lunch for kids. We make some up then place them in bottles like in the picture. Top it with some yogurt, berries or whatever they like a few days before and bam! Whip those bad boys out of the fridge at the same time your grabbing the milk for your first cup of joe.